Topics I Know Firsthand
- About Me and My Credentials
- Blog Goals
- The Darkness of Suicide
- Why 365 Days
- 365 Days of Addiction
- 365 Days of Child Abuse
- 365 Days of Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Illness, and Chronic Pain
- 365 Days of Clinical Depression
- 365 Days of Co-Dependency
- 365 Days of Domestic Violence
- 365 Days of Gratitude
- 365 Days of Increasing Mental Illness Awareness
- 365 Days of Joy and Laughter
- 365 Days of Narcissism
- 365 Days of Overeating
- 365 Days of Recovery in Baby Steps
- 365 Days of Recovery and Personal Growth
- 365 Days of Steadily Improving Contented Recovery Lifestyle
Friday, October 26, 2012
Trying to Stop Emotional Eating
I went to check my email today and guess what I found?
A slideshow about having figuring out if you have an unhealthy relationship with food.
DING DING DING!!! That would be me!! Although, I have not been feeling as ravenously hungry as I had been. My weight has swelled up to 223 pounds. It was climbing steadily weekly, but I have held steady at 223 pounds for about one week now. I am delighted to not feel the hunger pangs I was having.
I went and visited my friend who lives up the street from me and apologized again for my absence and how it never crossed my mind that my behavior would affect her so. I have also come to realize that my behavior was very abusive and no telling how many other people I have pushed away who have felt the same.
So, in therapy today, we talked about that and how I can behave better in this regard. There are lots of people I owe apologies to.
I noticed that the day I went and apologized to my neighbour, my appetite level dropped and has remained lower since that day.
Here's the link to the slideshow through iVillage:
It is very educational and also offers some great tips on how to modify behavior.
If you want to email me, please do so and also give me a heads up here so I don't delete your email. I don't open everything in my spam folder.